To create a community of confident and capable women through technology
Helping more women find employment using Technology.
Who We Are
Asikana Network (Young women’s network) was created out of a need to bring together all women and girls using Technology and for the good of having more of this group actively and meaningfully present in the Tech field.
Asikana Network has identified three groups of young women as the target group:
i. High school pupils
ii. University or college students
iii. Young women working or seeking participation in ICT related fields.
Asikana Network aims to empower young women and equip them with ICT skills to help them in their various fields. We believe partnering with organisations from the private sector will help us achieve our goals/objectives which include:
1. Provide ICT skills, training and capacity building
2. Provide mentorship
3. Facilitation of placement for suitably qualified women
4. Provide an interactive networking platform for like-minded women
5. Provide a forum that promotes women’s participation in ICT
6. Advocate for policies and legislation that endorse the active involvement of women in the ICT sector